Sunday, October 16, 2011

The adventure begins!!!

So the adventure has begun! I can't believe I have six months on my own, as you all know how social I am. However  I am so excited to meet new people along the way! I sit here writing this on my flight to Seoul, I then fly to Phnom Phen after a short lay over. I am posting during my lay over. I feel like I have not been in one spot for this long in forever let alone sitting the whole time. Anyone that has seen me over the last month knows I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. 14 hours is a long time and now I have a 5 hour flight to Phnom Phen. However I did catch up on lots of movies. I think I can finally feel the excitement. I can't wait to start volunteering. I know when I see the first child's face all of the stress I have been feeling over the last few months will be worth it. I am so ready to see where this journey takes me. I am ready to change and grow, so bring it on world!!!!

In this post I want to thank each and every one of you for your overwhelming support. I know I could not be going on this adventure and living this dream without all of your support. I don't know how I got so lucky in life to have such an amazing support network. I hope I can keep this blog updated so each of you can share this trip with me, as you are all a big part of making this possible for me!!!

I am not sure what kind of Internet access I will have while I am volunteering, but I will definitely post again when I am on my own in Asia at the beginning of November. I hope to have lots of great pictures to post.

My current motto is "walk with purpose even if you have no idea where you are going". I think this may be my motto my entire trip!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Chip! :) I am so proud of you and amazed at your energy and attitude. Each and every stranger you meet will become your friend. I look forward to your posts. Your motto is perfect for these 6 months. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete