Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Virtual tour of my home in Phnom Penh

Check out some pictures from the home I am staying in while in Phnom Penh. The family has been great and I am sure I will say in contact with the girls after I leave. I am looking forward to going away with them for the day on Sunday to  Takeo province to visit their extended family.



Kitchen
I have learned a little bit about cooking Khmer food, but not sure I will be able to use my skills when I get home.


Laundry Room beside the bathroom so the water has a place drain into.


Kitchen/ Dining Room
There is always food under the orange thing whether the food should be cold or hot. My mom the food safety police would loss her mind.



Living Room


Living room with Motos parked.


Relaxing in the Living Room. All of the wooden furniture is surprising comfortable.

My Bathroom. As you can see it is an all in one. All bathrooms in Cambodia are created the same way. You will see there are two spray nozzles. I am sure you can figure out what the second one is for. I have tried it out but I made more of a mess than it helped I think. I have been using toilet paper but that is not the norm.

Hope you enjoyed the virtual tour of my current home!



2 comments:

  1. Wow. So cool to see what life in a Cambsharodian home is like! Thanks for sharing and thank your host family for letting you share their home with us as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa that was supposed to say Cambodian. I guess i forgot to spell check!

    ReplyDelete