Friday, February 17, 2012

High in the Sky


One word to desribe this bulding is impressive. You can see the Burj Khalifa from almost anywhere in Dubai. I would have to say visiting the Burj Kalifia was similiar to seeing the CN tower (553m) but just a bit higher, well maybe a lot. I learned lots of fun fact but I will just give you a few. The Burj Khalifa is 160 stories and is 828 metres (2,716.5 feet). The Burj Khalifa began construction in January of 2004 and was officially opened in January of 2010. When you see the building you understand the need for a length of time needed. The observation deck is on the 124th floor. The elevator that went up was incredibly fast, I hardly noticed we were going up.

The Burj Khalifa holds many records. I told you Dubai had a ridiculous amount of world records.




•  Tallest building in the world
•  Tallest free-standing structure in the world
•  Highest number of stories in the world
•  Highest occupied floor in the world
•  Highest outdoor observation deck in the world
•  Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world
•  Tallest service elevator in the world 


View from the little leguel field



It was too big to get me and the building all in one.

This photo cracks me up, I feel like this is a model pose.

View from the observation deck



The girls!


High in the Sky


Window washer- I would not want that job

Sitting on top of the world


View of the Island in the shape of the world being built
  I am so glad I had the opportunity to see this view. It gave me perspective on the devlopment that is occuring in Dubai. You can see both cranes everywhere as well a undeveloped dersert all around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment