Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I love the Desert

One of the highlights of visiting the UAE was the Arabian nights adventure. We headed out of the city to the desert. It was very interesting to see the drastic change from the city to the desert as we drove.The night started with dune bashing. Phil and I had a great time as the girls went to the campsite (dune bashing is not really kid friendly). It was awesome I loved it, we even got some air. Our drive went extra fast as it was just Phil and I. Lots of uncontrollable laughter came from me as we went up and down the dunes, it was incredible. The sunset over the desert was stunning. I am sure Phil wished he was there with his wife but he got me instead (hahaha). I have been able to see some of the most amazing sunsets all over the world. From the dune bashing we headed to the campsite for dinner and entertainment. The belly dancer was awesome. I don’t think my body could even move like that. My trip to the UAE could not be complete without ride on a camel. It was not quite as high as the elephant but it was super cool. I am not a big bird fan but I took the plunge and held the falcon which is the bird of the UAE. 





One of the SUV's got stuck showing off!


The sun set was incredible




Our camel was a little camera shy


Camels bite hence the yellow muzzle

Can't be in an Arab country without any Henna

Molly and Kellee

As you can see I am a bit freaked out by the Falcon

She was very close



This man spun in a circle for over 20 minutes

1 comment: