Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Reflecting on Dubai

Getting a great picture was almost impossible
I will be forever grateful to Kellee and Phil for the opportunity they have given me to see Dubai. I love the cross section of Expats and Emirates in Dubai. I think the cultures colliding make it so fascinating. Where else do you hear call to prayer and outside the largest building in the world. It was surely a culture shock from my experience in Africa but a fantastic one. I loved Dubai and would love to go back again soon! I would love to take my Dad there as I know he would love it! I know without Kellee and Phil seeing this city would not have been possible and I am so thankful. I also feel very privileged to have been able to spend a month with their two beautiful daughters Julia and Molly. Just writing this makes me almost teary. I got attached to them while I was there and I can’t wait to see them again when they are back in the US. Who knew when I met Kellee as “Sir” in 2002 that I would visit her in Dubai 10 years later. One of the best parts of my experience in Dubai is that I had lots of time to reflect on both my trip so far as well as my future plan. Don’t get your hopes up I don’t have a plan yet, but I do know that I have the ability to make a decision that will make me happy. I am not good at putting me first but this trip has helped me to see the importance of doing this sometimes. Look out North America you are not going to know what hit you when I get home! One wish I have is a way to bottle the happiness I have felt so far on this trip and use it on days when I feel like hopeless (you all know the kind of day I am talking about). Don’t get me wrong it has not been all roses but I have had some of the best days of my life on this trip!


Julia on her first bike, making day do all the work
Julia loves her accessories, now she is moving on to gold







Love this photo, priceless
 
I can't forget Charlie



Cuite!











 Thank you Dubai, for giving me the opportunity experience many wonders, spend time with great people and for the ability to look backward and forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment