Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Times with old and new friends!!

Feb.  20 212

I had the amazing opportunity to spend time with Danielle Hicks in Doncaster. I am so lucky to know people all over the world and I love that this trip has given me an opportunity to spend time with many of them. I can’t believe Danielle and I have been friends since 2002. We have not seen each other much over the past 10 years but I feel honored to call her my friend. I had been to Doncaster to visit her in 2003 and it is crazy both how much it has changed and how much I had forgotten. sorry Danielle and Angela for making you look at my blog forever. Being there made me realize how thankful I am that I am doing this blog. I know years from now I will be able to go back and look back on my amazing memories. I know right now the experience seem to have such a large impact and importance to me that I will never forget them but I know this is not true.

I had a great time with Danielle and her partner Angela. We spent the day in York, what a fantastic city. So much amazing scenery and so cute! I truly love the history you can see on every street within England and Europe in general. Old buildings are so amazing when you think about how they were constructed and the tools available in that era.
Beautiful York

It may have been cold, but it looked amazing

We were able to check out the Minster in York.

Minster





Castle


Another thing I can add to the list of things I have done is having my feet eaten/sucked by fish. I forget the type of fish, but it was a very weird sensation.

Danielle and I


Felt so weird


So a distinct experience in the UK is Sunday Roast. I have multiple while I have been here and it is crazy how similar each dinner has been. I have eaten well in England, I have never been hungry that is for sure. I have also discovered I really like both Yorkshire pudding and brusell sprouts. I will need to add both of these to my diet when I get home. Thanks Angela for an amazing dinner and great ambiance.

We had an elegant Sunday Roast

The food was amazing!!!





1 comment: