Monday, January 9, 2012

Beach Bound- Ko Samet

To get away from Bangkok I spent a long weekend at the Beach. It was about 3 hours by van and then 1 hour by ferry from Bangkok. It was great to get away and relax. It was the first time I was completely alone while on my trip but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It gave me lots of time for reading and thinking so it worked out. However it is surprising how much harder it is to meet people when you are alone than it is to meet people when you are already with a group. I did end up meeting some great people from Sweden so that made me super happy. I can only go so long without talking as you all know. My accommodations were a bit sketchy but I made it through.

My Bungalow


I imagine sleeping under a mosquito net is kind of like sleeping in bird cage. It is a bit restrictive.


Swedish Friends


View of  Ko Samet from the ferry


The water is the Gulf of Thailand






The water was so warm it felt like bath water.



2 comments:

  1. The beach looks beautiful glad you were able to make a few friends. Can't wait to hear more about Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More blogs more blogs! Loving the living through your adventures !

    ReplyDelete