Saturday, April 7, 2012

Always something new in London



April 7 2012

I can't seem to get enough of London. I really do love the city. I have been to London many times and discover something new every time. I had a great time meeting up with friends I have met around the world. I met up with both Lia who I met in Laos and Shammi who I met in Ghana. I can't forget the fact that I went on one more New Europe Tour. This brings many grand total up to 5. I heard lots of cool stories about London along the way. Check out my favourite later in this post.

So I visited Pax Lodge which is one of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girls Scouts World Center. I figured since i have been travelling the world and I was in a place with a World Center why not got for a visit. I went on a pretty cool tour and learned lots.


Pax Lodge






Market in Camden Town







Old Stable, now market


Guardian of Peace


Wellington Arch

Guard on horse back



So on the tour I was on I heard the story of Michael Fagan. I was unsure if the story was true so I asked my friend's mom and she said yes the crazy story did happen. I am not sure all of the details I have are correct but here is the general idea. Micheal Fagan was a homeless man who broke into Buckingham Palace. He evaded royal security, and made it all the way into Queen Elizabeth II’s royal bedroom. He wandered around the Palace for a while before randomly wandering into her room (he choose this one out of the 200 bedrooms), finding the wine cellar along the way and stopping for a drink. While he was breaking in he cut himself so when the Queen woke up, a strange man was sitting on her bed bleeding every where. It is said that because the alarm system was turned off when the Queen hit her panic button nothing happen. He spent some time in her room before he asked for a cigarette which she replied with I will have my footman bring you one. This is how she eventually got help. I wonder what kind of small talk the queen and a homeless man have? It is said that the alarm system was turned off as it was going off everywhere and security felt it must just be not working correctly, when in all actuality there was a random man walking around Buckingham Palace. The best part is that Buckingham Palace was at this point public property so once he was arrested he had almost no punishment. He was only charged with theft for drinking the wine and property damage for breaking a window. The laws are not changed and it is no longer public property, so don't try this now, you wont be so lucky.



Gates we given to London by Canada

Buckingham Palace


Balcony of the Famous William and Kate kiss






Why am I so shocked I knew the picture was coming


Trafalgar Square

Count down until London Olympic Games



Location where the Queen's Birthday is held and also will be
 the location of the Beach Volleyball for the Olympics.

Big Ben




West Minster Abby



West Minster Abby


Sights of London- London Eye and Big Ben


Houses of Parliament

Houses of Parliament


Houses of Parliament








London Icon

London Icon


This food market is amazing.
I am now in love with Cinnamon Chocolate Almonds!

Check out some of the super cool eggs that were painted and displayed around Covent Gardens.






Easter in London









Where on the map and I today?









I think this was my favourite

No comments:

Post a Comment