Sunday, April 8, 2012

My 20's were awesome... I can't wait to see what my 30's will bring!


Ghana

It's April 8th, so this date means two things, one that I turn 30 and the second being that my adventure is nearly over. Only 3 days left! I have really taken my 20's out with a bang, and I would not have it any other way. When I left this day seemed so far away and now it is here. It is very bitter sweet. I am excited to come home and see everyone but I am not ready for my trip to end and go back to real life again. When I left for my trip I was totally freaked out about turning 30, but truthfully I feel good about it today. I guess the last 6 months has given me some perspective. I have seen so much over the past few months and know that all that really matters is being happy.  I really can't ask for much more in life. I have health and so many people around me that love and care about me. I am truly one lucky girl.  I know it will be harder to keep this perspective when I get home but I hope that I can find a way.




Cambodia
 
 

Scotland



UAE

I have had lots of opportunity to think throughout my trip and I know by far the best part of my trip has been the amazing people I have been able to interact with. I will be forever changed by my experiences during this trip and the people I have spent it with are in large part the reason I have had such an amazing time. I have truly been able to experience the giving spirit of people all around the world. This has come in so many forms, anything from amazing conversations with complete strangers to spending time in people homes. I have felt so much love and excitement from all of the people I am interacting with on my trip it is incredible. I also know I have so much love from my friends and family at home. I often feel like I could explode with all the positivity I am feeling. I hope I can bring this feeling home with me. I can't wait to see what exciting things await me as I head home and begin life in my 30's.






No comments:

Post a Comment